As of October 17, 2018, recreational cannabis is legal in Canada. In partnership with DDO Health Law and MediSystem Pharmacy, AdvantAge Ontario has updated its comprehensive Cannabis Toolkit with important information and guidance materials on recreational and medical cannabis for Ontario’s senior care sector.
The 46-page toolkit provides the latest information on medical and recreational cannabis use in seniors’ care. It includes:
- An overview of the federal and provincial legal landscape
- Risk management considerations
- Accommodating cannabis in the workplace
- Regulation and possession of cannabis
- Guidance for physicians and nurse practitioners
- Clinical and legal issues
- Policy templates on medical and recreational cannabis for resident and staff use
Order the most recent edition via our online form.
Note: The updated toolkit is available at no charge to AdvantAge Ontario full members. To access the resource, please login with your email and password.