Thursday, November 28, 2019
Hazleton Manor, Vaughan
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
We are pleased to offer this new advance-level session on financial planning and budgeting in long term care. It builds on the success of our annual funding and reporting fundamentals workshop and is designed for experienced long term care financial managers.
Financial planning and budgeting in long term care is an ongoing activity subject to challenges posed by a dynamic funding environment. Learn to leverage a host of planning tools and practices to maximize efficiencies, stay on top of your budget and ahead of the inevitable fluctuations. Experienced practitioners will show you how to present and explain your budget to your board, how to use financial reports and other resources to support planning, gain insight into risk management strategies, audit preparation and many more valuable techniques.
In this session, you will:
- Develop budgeting and financial skills required for better decision-making, including how to create a capital budgeting framework.
- Identify sources of financial and business data (e.g. benchmarks, dashboards) to support the budgeting process and develop your own indicators.
- Enhance your knowledge of concepts, processes and techniques used to support time-efficient and effective budgeting for optimal performance.
- Cover risk management tools such as HIROC’s Risk Assessment Checklists Program, its Risk Register application, and its popular “21 questions” resource for boards.
- Learn how to prepare for and handle the auditing process in advance of the new Ontario Health Teams.
Who Should Attend?
- Directors of Finance
- Expereinced Finance Staff
- Directors of Care
- Donna Michaels, Administrator, Douglas H. Rapelje Lodge (facilitator)
- Lori Borovoy, Senior Healthcare Risk Management Consultant, Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada
- Dennis Donovan, Director of Finance & IT, Belmont House
- Shahbaz Haque, Director, Insurance Services, Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada
- Julie Horne, CFO and Privacy Officer/Acting Administrator, Unionville Home Society,
- Brian Swainson, Director, Seniors Services, Community and Health Services, The Regional Municipality of York
- Erica Teklits, Partner, BDO Canada LLP
- Mary Young, Director of Finance & Admin, The Glebe Centre Inc.