Unique Education for the LTC Sector!
LTC Funding and Reporting in 2021: What’s New, What’s Necessary
New Start Date: October 5, 7 and October 14, 2021
9:00AM-12:30PM, all 3 days
Program Sponsored by:
(Note: Sessions must be purchased as a set)
No home can afford to be out of the loop on current practices, updates or expected changes related to Ontario’s long-term care funding and reporting procedures. Advantage Ontario guides you through it with insight directly from Ministry and member home representatives and experts. Whether you’re new to long-term care financial management or are an experienced manager keen to enhance your knowledge, don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity for the only education of its kind in Ontario. We’ll cover everything from preparing and reporting a budget to board, to best practices, to impacts of COVID-19 on provincial funding policies and Ministry direction on staffing reports. Get your questions answered and demystify requirements for this key operational area.
LTC Funding and Reporting Processes: Essentials and Updates
New Date: Tuesday, October 5, 2021
9:00am – 12:30pm
- Understand Level of Care funding envelopes and other long-term care funding sources, including the COVID-19 Emergency Measures Funding Policy.
- Find out about Ministry of Long-Term Care’s new approach to directions for staffing data collection and reporting.
- Stay updated about the Resident Co-Payment and Rate Reduction Program and learn about the process one member home uses for budget reporting to its board.
Mark Schroter, Team Lead, Funding and Programs Branch, Ontario Ministry of Long-Term Care;
Meg Litchfield, Senior Policy Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Long-Term Care;
Abonti Mukherjee, Policy Analyst, Ontario Ministry of Long-Term Care;
Dave Kearns, Divisional Controller, Long-Term Care, County of Simcoe;
Shannon Honsberger, Senior Policy Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Long-Term Care
Connecting the Dots: The Effective Use of RAI and CMI Data
Thursday, October 7, 2021
9:00am – 12:30pm
- Review the Case Mix Index (CMI) and learn about an AdvantAge Ontario application that can help your home forecast its CMI.
- Get practical insights from a member home on how to work with Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) data and how to calculate your home’s CMI.
- Gain an understanding of data available from the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) as well as other products and services long-term care homes can access for analytic and improvement purposes.
Saul Melamed, Manager, Client Affairs Ontario, Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI);
Margaret Mao, Manager (A), Health Sector Models Branch, Ministry of Health;
Ying Liu, Senior Methodologist, Health Sectors Models Branch, Hospitals and Capital Division, Ministry of Health,
Melissa Norman, Manager, Quality Improvement and RAI, The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre;
Feroz Masjidi, Manager of Funding Policy, AdvantAge Ontario
The Annual Reporting Process and Managing Bad Debt
Thursday, October 14, 2021
9:00am – 12:30pm
- Review the Annual Reporting process, how to reconcile bad debt and hear about the bad debt process used by a member home.
- Understand how the LTCH Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards (OHRS) and Management Information System (MIS) Standards work and how to use them in your reporting.
- Learn about comparative information you can draw from your home’s annual report for budgeting, analyzing operational trends, and targeting cost-saving centres, and how AdvantAge Ontario’s benchmarking service can support that work.
Richard G. Lee, Senior Financial Analyst, Long-Term Care Homes Unit, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Long-Term Care;
Rita Yip, Business Advisor, Health Data Branch, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Long-Term Care;
Mary Young, Director of Finance & Administrator, The Glebe Centre Inc.;
Amit Joshi, Director, IT Innovation, Data Analytics and Capital Development, AdvantAge Ontario
Cancellations: Cancellations will be accepted up to five working days prior to the date of the program less a 15% administration fee that will apply regardless of the status of payment. Registrants who fail to attend the program or cancel after the deadline date shall be liable for the full fee. There is no charge for delegate substitutions. The AdvantAge Ontario Education Department reserves the right to cancel or reschedule this program.