Members: $205 | Non-Members: $290
What are the latest changes to funding and reporting? How has COVID-19 affected provincial funding policy? Where is the Ministry headed on staffing reports? Whether you’re new to long-term care financial management or an experienced manager looking to enhance your knowledge, don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity to get the most up-to-date information on long-term care funding and reporting requirements. The only education of its kind in Ontario, you’ll hear directly from the Ministry, as well as from other member homes and sector experts. Have your questions addressed and demystify all the processes and procedures this area requires.
Understanding LTC Funding and Reporting Processes
- Understand Level of Care funding envelopes and other long-term care home funding sources, including the COVID-19 Emergency Measures Funding Policy.
- Find out about current Ministry directions for staff reporting as well as about AdvantAge Ontario’s comparative analysis service for these reports.
- Hear from a member home about the process it uses for budget reporting to its board.
Ifeolu Ogunyankin, Manager, Financial Policies and Procedures Unit, Funding and Programs Branch, Long-Term Care Operations Division, Ministry of Long-Term Care
Glen Moorhouse, Chief Executive Officer, Nisbet Lodge, Toronto
Amit Joshi, Director, Information Technology and Data Analytics, AdvantAge Ontario
Connecting the Dots: Resident Assessment Data and Funded CMI
- Gain an understanding of data available from the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) as well as other products and services it makes available to long-term care homes for analytic and improvement purposes.
- Review the Case Mix Index (CMI) and learn about an AdvantAge Ontario application that can help your home “forecast” its CMI.
- Get practical insights from one member home on how to work with RAI data.
Saul Melamed, Manager - Client Affairs Ontario, Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
Mehul Mehta, Manager, Hospital Sector, Health Sector Models Branch, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Sean Weylie, Administrator, Allendale - Social & Community Services
Sarah Le Monnier, Manager, Financial Policy, AdvantAge Ontario
The Annual Reporting Process and Managing Bad Debt
- Review the Annual Reporting process, including the process to reconcile bad debt.
- Learn how one member home has managed bad debt.
- Look at comparative information you can draw from your home’s annual report for budgeting, analyzing operational trends, and targeting cost-saving centres, and how AdvantAge Ontario’s benchmarking service can support that work.
Richard G. Lee, Senior Financial Analyst, Long-Term Care Homes Unit, LHIN Support and Transaction Services, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Long-Term Care
Alfred O'Rourke, Administrator, Sherwood Park Manor, Brockville
Amit Joshi, Director, IT and Data Analytics, AdvantAge Ontario